The office of the municipal mayor is open to all San Remigionhons who seek assistance especially the senior citizens and PWDs. It is one of the agenda of our beloved and supportive Municipal Mayor Mar Canja Mission, Jr.
The Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010 (Republic Act 9994) defines the privileges all senior citizens are entitled to. Elderly Filipinos aged 60 and above are entitled to a 20% senior citizen discount and exempted from the value-added tax (VAT) on applicable goods and services for their exclusive use. These privileges apply to both cash and credit card payments.
List of Senior Citizen Discounts and VAT Exemptions
- Medicines: Generic and branded medicines, vitamins, and mineral supplements (with doctor’s prescription)
- Medical supplies and equipment: Hearing aids, eyeglasses, wheelchairs, crutches, dentures, etc.
- Medical and dental services in private facilities: Lab tests such as blood tests, x-rays, etc.
- Professional fees of attending physicians and licensed health workers
- Domestic air and sea travel fares
- Public land transportation fares: Jeepneys, buses, taxis, shuttle services, MRT, LRT, PNR, etc.
- Hotels: Accommodation and amenities in hotels, beach resorts, mountain resorts, etc.
- Restaurants: Food, beverages, dessert, and other consumables for dine-in, take-out, drive-thru, and delivery orders
- Recreation centers: Rental and other fees for sports facilities such as gyms, badminton courts, tennis courts, ballroom dancing studios, bowling lanes, etc.
- Places of leisure: Cinemas, museums, parks, theaters, concert halls, etc.
- Funeral and burial services for deceased senior citizens: hospital morgue, embalming, casket or urn, cremation, etc.